Scroll down for more

  • SCROLL PAST POSTS for Fitness Programs & Specials

1/13/2011

Appointment with Ralph

Some guys at my gym throw-up after an especially strenuous workout. They believe it is a badge of honor.A Junction Boys' era sign of toughness and manhood. I guess I'm quite a stud because I spewed pretty much everything except my lungs the other night after my workout. TMI? Maybe, but I wanted to address this idea that vomiting post-workout is a sign of anything other than a problem. It's not. The 15-30 minutes post-workout is crucial for replenishment of protein and fast-digesting carbs.Spewing does nothing but further deplete the body of nutrients during this critical time. vomiting also leads to dehydration and loss of electrolytes. So, vomiting is a sign that something is wrong; not that you're tough or cool. What led to my appointment with Ralph? Perhaps the work-out ending overhead high bench step-ups? nope. Could have been dehydration, a bug, vitamin deficiency,fatigue, etc., etc. Anyway, I won't be eating any Cornish game hens or brown rice in the near future. Did I mention the word "projectile"?

No comments: