Scroll down for more

  • SCROLL PAST POSTS for Fitness Programs & Specials

7/16/2012

Huh?

I found a workout "cheat sheet" at my gym the other day, and I'm still trying to figure out who designed it...and why.


At first I thought it might be an upper body-centric workout, but it includes lunges and calf raises, as well as a deadlift-to-military press(!) combo. More on that later.


The program begins with 3 chest exercises, and includes only one back exercise, the bent row.


There are no less than 7 delt/trap exercises and two triceps exercises.


No squats, no pull-ups, no glute work, no core work.


And, seriously, if you are deadlifting with a weight you can overhead press, you are really shortchanging yourself.


If someone is able to provide me with a good programming rationale for this abomination, please do so.


I'll enter you in a drawing for a free ShakeWeight...

No comments: