Scroll down for more

  • SCROLL PAST POSTS for Fitness Programs & Specials

7/17/2012

Baby I'm A-Want You




Carbs, that is. Or at least I used to be a carboholic. Not so much anymore. Carbs kill. I haven't eaten corn, sugar, pasta, etc.in ages. My grandmother had it right when she said she wouldn't eat corn because "that's what farmers fatten up their pigs and cows with."

Well, Another study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, put three groups of people on diets to lose 10-15% of their bodyweight. One group consumed 20% protein, 20% fat, and 60% carbs.

The second group consumed a 30/60/10% protein-to-fat-to-carbs, and the last group went 20/40/40. The 30/60/10 group burned 350 additional kcals per day over the 20/20/60 group. And the 20/40/40 group 150 additional kcals per day.




On a 2000 kilocalorie/day diet, the 10% level still means you can consume 200 kcals of carbs. That's still 15 slices of bread!

The message is clear: to lose body fat and maintain that loss, low-carb is the way to go.




"baby, I'm-a want you, baby, I'm a- need you, maybe I'm a crazy, but I just can't live without..." BREAD

No comments: