Scroll down for more

  • SCROLL PAST POSTS for Fitness Programs & Specials

1/08/2011

Liza Lite App

I finally got around to trying the Liza lite iphone app that I've had for months. I was disappointed because I couldn't complete the bench press test. What is the app? It's supposed to measure power output(watts) during 2 weightlifting moves(BP and half squat),and a CMJ. The problem comes with trying to attach the iPhone securely to the barbell bar. I used my armband, but there was still slack,which apparently was enough to result in 3 "test failure." After that, I gave up until I can figure out a more secure attachment method. I then tried the CMJ while holding the iPhone against my side. I was able to successfully complete 3 full test,resulting in a top output of 566 watts.That number seems a little low to me, but there was no additional information provided, so who knows? The app is supposed to provide some sort of relative "power index", but I didn't get one. Anyway, life is cabaret, my friend, so I will try again soon and report back.

No comments: