Scroll down for more

  • SCROLL PAST POSTS for Fitness Programs & Specials

4/01/2011

Hot Dog Fingers and Count Choculitis




Do you suffer from either of these maladies? No? how about high cholesterol? Gotcha! A while back I posted about (Size Matters) how the size of your cholesterol molecules makes a difference in how dangerous ( or not) your cholesterol level is. Dr. Mark Hyman ( www.drhyman.com) provides seven tips on reducing your cholesterol without drugs: 1. He recommends a series of specific tests for your doctor to perform, including the NMR particle size test. 2. Determine your waist-hip ratio. 3. Exercise.( More than you are now, and more than you think you "need." My emphasis) 4. Get adequate sleep ( see my post "The Skinny on Sleeping Beauty") 5. Eat a diet based on low GI LOAD, high fiber, omega 3, phytonutrients, and lean meat, nuts, legumes. 6. Use supplements, including omega 3, vitamin D3, and glucomannan, a super fiber. Check out his website for more. Dwight Shrute: "... I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will." Pam Beesly: "Why would you want to raise your cholesterol ?" Dwight: " So I can lower it."

No comments: