Scroll down for more

  • SCROLL PAST POSTS for Fitness Programs & Specials

4/16/2011

A Review with Integrity




I really dig Chipotles' "food with integrity" and green building approach, but the food was just not as healthy or as tasty as I expected. I was on a shopping run to Lowe's and there was a Chipotle next door, so I decided to try it for the first time ( I know, but I don't eat fast food very often.) I had heard great things about it from various sources, so I expected a really unique experience. Silly me. Don't get me wrong- it was OK food, and there was a lot of it. But it was pretty bland overall ( I know- it's a mass-appeal place-I get it.) I had a burrito with carnitas( very moist), pinto beans,medium salsa, and sour cream. Normally, I'd get guacamole, but at $1.80, it added 1/3 to the price of the burrito. Maybe a smaller portion for $.75? I could only eat about 70% of the burrito , mostly because of the mound of rice inside. The real shocker came when I researched the nutrition information: the good (46g protein), the bad (875 total calories if I'd eaten the whole thing), and the ugly ( 76g carbs.) I realize I'm not the target market, but I would be more likely to try Chipotle again if they used whole-wheat tortillas and/or brown rice. I'd most likely skip the rice completely to get the carbs to a tolerable level. And I would split the burrito with a friend.Oh, and I'd go when part of the target demographic just didn't get let out of school!

No comments: